Jan 31, 2011
Today we met with folks at CDC. We learned how important introductions are in this culture. Without proper protocols of introduction, our work can be thwarted. Our CDC guide did his best to allow us meet those that we need to meet.
Next we went to the lab and there were more introductions and we walked upstairs and downstairs and here and there. I was totally exhausted by the end of the day. My shoes were not proper to do this walking. My feet hurt as well as other body parts.
A bit bedraggled, I returned to the hotel and put my feet up and rested. I met my colleagues for dinner. Somehow there was a problem in the kitchen and we waited an hour and a half for dinner.
After dinner it was back to the room to rest and catch up on the internet. Well, this is Africa, and this turned out to be a day with no internet. Truth is, I was too tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment