Feb 6, 2011
Another day at my new corps. A brother in Christ was promoted to glory this week. He and his wife sat in front of me at church last week. This week it was just his wife, very sad.
The sermons today were given by the finance secretary. He even spoke about budgets and it was even very interesting. He told little funny vignettes but they were in a local language so I was the only one who didn't laugh. I do enjoy the corps. The praise and worship group, the choir, and band are excellent.
Tonight we are planning to dine outside of the hotel at a Chinese restaurant. The hotel menu is getting old so this should be a treat.
I think we have a less than honest driver. Last week he charged me 40,000 kwacha for the round trip to church and I gave him an extra 10,000. This week he tried to charge 80,000 kwatcha. I don't mind being generous but I do not like to be tricked or cheated. I will need to think about this. I guess everyone with an angel's name - Gabriel - may not be an Angel. I guess I need to pray for him.
I was so happy to see the photo of the new daughter of my officers in Windhoek, Namibia.
Little Claire is so cute! I can hardly wait to meet her in person.
No comments:
Post a Comment