Sunday, January 30, 2011

SA corps in Lusaka

Jan 30, 2011    
         This lazy lady rode the stationary bike to nowhere for a short time this morning.  It is a beginning.
         I attended services at the Citadel Corps in Lusaka.  We had a holiness meeting followed immediately by a salvation meeting with a 5 min break in between.  I will confess that I started to wilt during the second sermon.  As usual, everyone was very welcoming and the singing and the band was excellent.  A young lady in the praise and worship group looked very much like my friend Lila in Santo Domingo.  Somehow this made me feel very at home.  The rest of the day I  had jet lag and napped a lot.
        Being the wet season, it was raining again and was quite cool.  This is a very green and lovely country.
        Over dinner we discussed strategies for our training and work with the various lab sections.  We will know better once we see the labs.
       Tomorrow we meet with the CDC representatives and the Ministry of Health.  My colleagues and I are pleased to be starting our work here.  It is always exciting to meet new folks and see their labs.

4 comments:

Tema said...

Buckie,
You rode the bike to nowhere! I'm so proud of you! I walked 1.7 miles to nowhere today at the gym! I also worked out with the weight machines! I'M VERY SORE!!!
Regarding your jet lag...how do you know if your naps are jet lag related, or just part of your normal napping routine?!?! :-) Just kidding!
I love your blog and I'm enjoying the pictures! I feel like I'm keeping in touch with you more this way.
Take care. Love ya!
Tema

dwatsky said...

Tema, Thanks. So far I am liking it here but haven't started work yet

Unknown said...

Glad to see your'e having a good time on your newest African journey. I'll have to tell Mrs Parker that you are in her home country. Enjoy every moment. Much Blessings
Rob and Juanita

dwatsky said...

Give my love to Alice. I am loving Zambia. Keep me updated on the news of your baby! Donna